Monday, November 26, 2012

Matthew 19:26

So, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with our families! LOTS of yummy food, the Macy's parade, and awesome family!! Wes and I experienced our first early morning black friday shopping at Target (an experience indeed-ha)!  Ofcourse Sat, we watched the Iron Bowl. It was a tough one to swallow. I'm pretty sure around the 3rd quarter I spied my hubs asleep- you know the game is a loss, when Wes is sleeping and working during then second half-lol! Oh well, maybe next year, right??!!

We talked with Ethan throughout the month about being thankful. Each morning (ok, so only the mornings I remembered) we all said what we were thankful for that day and then we added it to our "thankful tree". We started off doing pretty good, but about two weeks into Nov, I would always forget to write down what we were thankful for and add it to our tree. So, the idea was pretty good, but I was not so good with the follow through. Atleast it got us talking about thankfulness. :)

Mostly we are thankful for God's grace, mercy, love, forgiveness, patience, and the many abundant blessings He has given our family, especially our Lord and Savior! We are thankful for our wonderful and loving family and friends! We are thankful Wes has a career that he enjoys and can support our family, allowing me to stay home and cherish these moments with Ethan (and work at my very part-time job which is super fun!). We are thankful for our first little miracle, Ethan who is almost 4!?! (Where, oh where, does the time go?!)  We are thankful He has led us to grow our family and make one less orphan in this world through adoption! We are thankful His timing is now! 

We are thankful God is soverign in all things. We are thankful that nothing is impossible with God. I needed to remind myself of this truth the other night. :) I kind of lost it. hehe ;) I started worrying about how we were going to finance this adoption without going into major debt that we can't afford. We have strived as a family to be debt free and for the most part (besides our mortgage) God has allowed us to live within our means. When we started praying and thinking about beginning an adoption, the financial side was the part we struggled mostly with. Most people know adoption is expensive. That is the most common comment I get when I talk with others about our adoption. I think I've heard some form of the phrase: "isn't adoption very expensive?!" numerous times. Yes, it is expensive and no, we don't have a stockpile of money or a magic money tree growing in our backyard (wouldn't that be nice! ha). However, we know this is God's plan for our family. He brought us here and Lord willing, we will bring a new little one home one day through adoption. Therefore, we are trusting in His provision. It is a giant leap of faith, but isn't that a great place to be!  So, the other night I was struggling with how we were going to afford this adoption, thinking to myself: "There is NO way, no way possible for us to finance this adoption without major debt. How are we going to do this?"  and without a pause in thought, God reminded me of this simple and great truth, "...with God, all  things are possible." Matthew 19:26

We are thankful for His truth, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."


And because all posts are better with pictures, here are a few pics from when we got our Christmas tree this weekend:

Ethan helping Daddy look at Christmas trees


Ethan wanted to take a picture of Mommy and Daddy :)

Playing in the leaves as Wes put out our Christmas lights

No comments:

Post a Comment